January 25, 2013

PubSearch

History
This is my first project that I published on the world wide web. This project was my thesis at my university, and I created a SourceForge account for the program, to use SVN. A year later, in the first weeks of 2013, I received a letter from Softpedia, where the team informed me that they included my program in the Softpedia database.

What's this?
This is a Java tool which can search in multiple publication databases (such as Google Scholar, CiteSeerX, ACM, SpringerLink). You type the author's name and PubSearch grabs the basic information of her/his publications. It can transitively crawl the "cited-by" lists, so a researcher can use this tool for calculating her/his impact factor. It uses a proxy list to reach those sites, to avoid banning because of the heavy network traffic. The program uses definition files to crawl the databases, you can edit these with any simple text editor or add your own definiton. You can export publication data in citation formats.

Requirements

Features

Downloadable at
SourceForge
Softpedia 

Manual
on my TODO list :-)

No comments: